Car Leaking Advice
If you’ve noticed that your vehicle is leaking while you’re driving around Cortland, you probably have two questions on your mind: One, why is your car leaking? And two, what exactly is leaking from it? The Used Car King service center can help you answer both of these questions:
- Pink/Red Fluid: If you see pink or red fluid leaking from your car, don’t worry. It’s likely either power steering fluid or transmission fluid. Our highly-qualified technicians at Used Car King can help diagnose whether the problem affects the transmission or power steering system.
- Dark Brown Fluid: Another slightly disgusting appearance, dark brown fluid typically involves issues with either brake fluid or motor oil. Motor oil turns dark brown and becomes more viscous after a significant amount of time. Either of these issues can result in potentially life-threatening problems, so be sure to take your vehicle into a service center as soon as you notice dark brown fluid.
- Light Brown Fluid: Typically, light brown fluid indicates either motor oil or gear lubricant. The way you can tell is that gear lubricant has a significant odor, while motor oil only smells if it is on fire.
- Green Fluid: The presence of green fluid is usually a clear indication of antifreeze leaks. This problem is often caused by loose hoses or clamps. Make sure you’re using the right antifreeze by checking your owner’s manual.
- Blue Fluid: Blue fluid is 99.9% of the time windshield wiper fluid. This is an easy fix as our Cicero technicians can quickly identify leaking components and patch the system up to ensure it does not continue to leak.
- Clear Fluid: Fortunately, clear fluid leaks are nothing to be worried about. In fact, if you notice clear fluid, Used Car King has some good news for you: Your vehicle’s air conditioning system is working properly, and the fluid you’ve noticed is simply condensation emitted from this system.
Get Great Deals on Service at Used Car King
Whether you’re looking for an affordable oil change or other maintenance work, Used Car King is here to help with great deals on affordable service performed by highly-qualified technicians. Schedule service today to get started, or check out the 10 signs you need a new car!
More from Used Car King
Service Center The easiest way to tell if you need new brakes is by looking for the warning signs, such as looking at the brake pads for wear or listening to your brakes for squeaking. Not only do brakes generally wear down over time, but vehicle leaks can also play a role in your brake…
If you often fill up the tank of your new or used vehicle around Cicero, you’ve probably realized how quickly gas can add up. However, there’s no need to feel like you’re emptying your wallet each time you fill up your tank. By following these eco-friendly driving tips, you can help increase your fuel efficiency…
Apply for Financing If you’re looking for a new or used car in Cicero, you’ll probably be taking advantage of auto financing. However, you’ll want to do your research before you sign any papers so you can be sure that you’re getting the best monthly payments and interest rates. Find out whether financing through a…